15th CENTURY - 1978
15TH century
Raw milk was collected from dairy animals and sold without pasteurization. Soft cheese from carabao’s milk was manufactured. It was a popular treat among the Filipinos and Spaniards.
Early 1900's
N.S. Schober and M. Teague, American businesspersons, constructed the first milk processing plant.
1925
San Miguel Corporation bought the said milk plant. It now continuously operates as the Magnolia Dairy Plant.
1930's -1940's
Three milk processing and bottling plants were established. As demand for milk increased, they started to import milk and reconstitute them. Reconstituted milk products such as European Brand, Marca Oso (now Bear Brand) and Senorita (now Milkmaid) became instant household necessities.
1946
The Sta. Maria Dairy Farmers’ Cooperative Marketing negotiated with Australian government for the donation of a set of milk pasteurizing equipment.
1950
The Australian Government donated one Jacko boiler, a batch pasteurizer, one can washer, a cold room and a few milk cans.
1955
Another milk processing and bottling plant was established. Consolidated Dairy Products Company, and General Milk Company, undertook researches on filled milk. Technical assistance was provided by their American parent companies - Consolidated Dairies USA and Carnation
1957
Consolidated Dairy Products, and General Milk Company began the production of filled milk.Darigold Milk Company produced the first canned evaporated milk.
1960

Grassland Milk Plant, the largest milk processing plant, was established.
1962
The Dairy Training and Research Institute (DTRI) was established with the assistance of the United Nations Development Program. The Institute serves as a specialized research, training and extension unit of the College of Agriculture at the University of the Philippines, Los Banos (UPLB).
1964
Congress approved Republic Act 4041. It aimed to promote dairying activities in the country through the Bureau of Animal Industry. The Sorsogon Dairy Farm was established. It engaged in the production, processing and marketing of milk and milk products, dispersal of dairy cattle, and the conduct of milk feeding programs.
1967
Marikina Dairy Industries introduced the first condensed filled milk. BAI sub-leased the property/project of the Sta. Maria Dairy FACOMA. The processing plant was renovated and additional equipment was installed.
1969
BAI officially operated the Sta. Maria Dairy Plant and launched a milk collection scheme that provides a sure market.
1978
Batasang Pambansa recognized dairy development as one of the legislative priorities.

 

PHOTO GALLERY

VIDEO GALLERY

LOCATOR

CLICK IMAGE FOR LARGER VIEW

We have 29 guests and no members online

WEBSITE SURVEY

FOI CERT

NDA FOI BUTTON