NDA provides livestock support amid Taal eruption
In line with the initiative of the Department of Agriculture (DA) to provide assistance to farmers who have been affected by the recent Taal Volcano eruption, the National Dairy Authority (NDA) distributed a total of 14 tons of hay and 560 sacks of dairy concentrates (25kg/sack) to dairy farmers in Batangas whose farms are within the 14-kilometer danger zone of Taal Volcano.
The activity was facilitated by the NDA South Luzon Department on January 24, 2020 at the BADACO Dairy Farm in Lipa City.
Recipients of hay and concentrates include the following:
1. Gregorio Maluping- Brgy. Pagaspas, Tanauan City 14 heads
2. Danilo Magpantay - Brgy. Tinurik, Tanauan City 122 heads
3. BADACO - Brgy. Inosluban, Lipa City 319 heads
4. LGU of Cuenca - Cuenca, Batangas 26 heads
5. DA Taal Livestock Care Center - Brgy. Balintawak, Lipa City 54 heads (horses)
Other assistance extended by the NDA include health assessment for animals in distress as well as provision of drugs, biologics, and breeding materials for affected animals, and feed premix that can counter the effects of high sulfur in contaminated pasture.