The Department of Agriculture – National Dairy Authority (DA-NDA) participated in the Livestock Philippines Expo 2022 held on August 24-26, 2022 at the World Trade Center, Pasay City.
As part of the DA-National Livestock Program exhibit display, the NDA showcased locally produced milk and milk products from Sta. Maria Dairy Multi-Purpose Cooperative, Batangas Dairy Cooperative (BADACO), Orchard Valley Dairy Farm and R.O. Valerio Farm. Free samples of fresh milk, chocolate milk, flavored milk and yogurt, white cheese, sterilized fresh milk, #juaNDAiry bun and goat’s milk ice cream were a huge hit to expo-goers and exhibitors alike which made the NDA booth one of the biggest crowd-pullers at the expo.
On the 2nd day, NDA Laboratory Technician III, Ms. Ellamay Melanio led a cooking demonstration of ‘White Cheese Omelet’ using locally produced fresh milk, white cheese (kesong puti) and cage-free eggs courtesy of the Batangas Egg Producers Cooperative (BEPCO). The White Cheese Omelet is a simple and healthy breakfast recipe which will only cost Php 30.00 per serving.
The expo served as an important opportunity for NDA to promote its programs that are available not only for farmers but for other dairy enthusiasts who would like to venture into dairy enterprises; local government units (LGUs) and private institutions that are interested in co-sponsoring milk feeding programs in their localities to abate malnutrition; and young farmers who are interested in dairy animal production and milk processing.
The Livestock Philippines Expo 2022 is a 3-day international trade fair for innovative equipment and technology for livestock production organized by international exhibition expert group Informa Markets and hosted by the Department of Agriculture (DA).
White Cheese Omelet
1/8 cup fresh milk
25-30 g white cheese, diced
20 g butter
Salt and pepper
1. Combine the eggs, fresh milk, butter, salt and pepper into a bowl. Beat lightly using a fork.
2. Melt the butter in a non-stick pan over medium-low heat until it sizzles.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Using a heat-resistant silicone spatula, gently lift the edge of the cooked egg. Gently tilt the pan to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath.
5. Add the white cheese. Continue cooking for a few seconds or until the mixture begins to set.
6. Fold the omelet into half. Carefully slide onto a serving plate.